has various notes, some on troubleshooting issues with B/W G3s rev.1 and others, Of course Mike has already posted a few bits on the MacWorld Tokyo keynote, but I'll cover that below.
MacWorld Tokyo first facts
These sites have some first bits and wrap-ups of what has been announced at MacWorld Tokyo:
- xlr8yourmac has a brief note on the GeForce 3 option that was announced by Steve Jobs and demoed by John Carmack.
- ShugaShack has a few screenshot of Doom 3 in action, the same stuff Carmack was demoing on on a Mac using OS X and a GeForce 3 (of which they have some info too) It's all about Mac over there, hehe:).
- the register has the wrap-ups for the changes made to the iMac and the Cube, which is mostly the addition of CD-RW drives, faster G3 chips and 2 new color sets.(One possibly resulting out of watching too much iTunes visual effects)
- MacNN has probably the nicest wrap-up around, including pictures of both new color sets and generally covering all you have to know. top
- MacObserver also has some pictures, but doesn't really say anything new.
- MGL remains brief but has some links to some Doom 3 demo footage and other cool stuff.
- MOSR also has their usual "G-News"-style wrap up. short
- MacCentral has a nice, mid-sized scoop on the new iMacs and not much more. iMac tip
- CNET has a whole series of articles. Check it out if you have the time.
- MacWEEK takes a look at the new color sets that Apple unveiled and applies some criticism.
- MacWEEK: last but not least, this wrap-up isn't special, but you might want to check out the reader comments (lots of them).
GeForce 3 thread
I'm just going to make a list for GeForce 3 related links too, it's a lot:
- the register has some general notes about the upcoming chipset card, including stuff that wasn't told at MWT.
- the register also notes that Apple is, according to Steve, going to be the first company to include the chipset in their offerings. (BTO is available now, but not shipping yet)
- MacCentral has yet another spin on the GeForce 3, with some nice comparisons of how performance in graphics changed during the last years.
- IMG has what I think is the best GeForce 3 coverage yet, including a link to a movie of the DOOM 3 demo. TOP
Apple sales slip
noted that Apple's sales had slipped as much as 62% up to today and as far as I can tell, the announcements that were made are not going to make a big change there. They better work on those really new models fast.
Radeon VE released
notes that ATI released it's new, business oriented Radeon VE graphics card, which is now going under in the shadow of the GeForce 3. However, I find this might prove to be a very nice card for the price, as it only costs about 130$ compared to almost 600$ for the GeForce.
reports that Compaq is the first major PC manufacturer to incorporate DDR-SDRAM into their desktop mainstream PCs. I was actually hoping Apple might do that, but they're most likely not coming out with that before MWNY.